Prof. Sanjib Biswas
B.Tech (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering) MBA (Operations Management) UGC-NET (Management) PhD (Pursuing)
Prof. Sanjib Biswas has a distinguished career of more than 13 years in industry, teaching and research in the field of Operations Management. Prior to joining academia, he has worked in Consumer Electronics Industry for 9 years in managing and leading end to end production operations. He has been working as a regular faculty member in Management Education for last 4 years. Presently he is working with Calcutta Business School in the capacity of Assistant Professor (Operations Management Area). Prior to this assignment, he taught at Jyotirmoy School of Business. He has served as a resource person for many workshops and management development programmes in the areas like Total Quality Management, Lean Manufacturing, Production Management, and Supply Chain Management. He has expertise in process analysis and modelling, handling quality improvement projects, implementation of quality standards like ISO 9001:2008, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2004 and application of lean tools and techniques. He has published and presented research articles in national and international journals and conferences of repute. His present research interests include Supply Chain Management, Lean Manufacturing, Green Operations, Total Quality Management, ERP, Multivariate Analysis, and Big Data Analytics. He holds professional membership of many reputed international and national societies and institutions like Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), USA, Operational Research Society of India (ORSI), Indian Institute of Materials Management (IIMM), Kolkata Chapter, Quality Circle Forum of India (QCFI), Kolkata Chapter, Analytics Society of India (ASI), and Computer Society of India (CSI).
- Ghosh, I. and Biswas, S. (2017). A novel framework of ERP implementation in Indian SMEs: Kernel principal component analysis and intuitionistic Fuzzy TOPSIS driven approach. Accounting (An International Journal published by Growing Science), 3(2), 107-118. DOI: 10.5267/j.ac.2016.7.004.
- Ghosh, I. and Biswas, S. (2017). A Comparative Analysis of Multi-Criteria Decision Models for ERP Package Selection for Improving Supply Chain Performance.(Accepted for publication in Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation published by Sage Publishing; DOI: 10.1177/2319510X16688988)
- Biswas, S. and Sen, J. (2016). A Proposed Architecture for Big Data Driven Supply Chain Analytics. The IUP Journal of Supply Chain Management. XIII (3), 7-33. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.21458.96966.
- Biswas, S. and Sengupta, G. (2014). A Case Study on the Critical Success Factors determining the success or failure of TQM implementation in Indian Organizations. International Journal of Management, IT and Engineering. 4(10), 12-25.
- Biswas, S. and Sen, J. (2016). A proposed framework of next generation supply chain management using big data analytics. National Conference on “‘Emerging Trends in Business and Management: Issues & Challenges” organized by Department of Commerce & Management, West Bengal State University, Barasat on 17-18 March, 2016.
- Shrivastava, K., Bose, A. and Biswas, S. (2016). Assessment of Implementation of Lean Manufacturing Practices in Indian Plywood Industries – A Case Study. 2nd National Conference on “Advances in Business Research and Management Practices” conducted by Calcutta Business School on 8-9 January, 2016.
- Sengupta G., Biswas S. and Mukhopadhyay K. (2015). Innovative TQM practices in Establishing Quality for Management Education – A Review and Proposal of a Framework. 5th Annual International Conference of IISWBM on “Innovations and Best Practices in Business, Human and other Earth Resources Management” on 15-16 January, 2015.
- Mukhopadhyay, K. and Biswas, S. (2014). Critical Appraisal of Project Management Competencies – A Case Study. 3rd International Conference "Paradigm Shift in Innovative Business Management" conducted by Vishisht School of Management – Indore on 6-7 December, 2014.
- Pal, G. and Biswas, S. (2014). A Review of the Critical Factors affecting the Success of Lean Implementation in Indian Manufacturing Organizations – Challenges & way forward. 1st National Conference on “Advances in Business Research and Management Practices” conducted by Calcutta Business School on 5-6 December, 2014.
- Employee Satisfaction Survey – Hindustan Copper Ltd. (2014), by Calcutta Business School. (Role: Survey Team Member)
- Manufacturing Excellence – Alkem Laboratories Ltd. by Calcutta Business School. (Role: Team Member – Diagnostic Study done at Sikkim Plants during Dec’14 – Jan’15)
- Project for the Implementation of Lean Manufacturing Competitiveness Scheme under National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme, Development Commissioner (Micro Small and Medium Enterprises), Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India, on the MSMEs in West Bengal (FOSMI Progressive Engineering Cluster), coordinated and controlled by National Productivity Council, Eastern Region. (Role: Team Member – Lean Manufacturing Consultancy Team during July 2015 – Nov’2015)
Journal of Management and Sustainability (ISSN 19254725 (Print), ISSN 19254733 (Online)), an international, doubleblind, peerreviewed and openaccess journal published by the Canadian Center of Science and Education.
- Attended Two Day National Seminar on “Project Management – Objectives and Challenges” organized by Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers and Indian Chemical Council, Eastern Region, held during July 7-8, 2017.
- Attended “Advanced Research Methods and Data Analysis”, 7 day workshop organized by National Institute of Technology, Durgapur during June 4-10, 2017.
- Attended 3 day FDP on “Financial Literacy” organized by Calcutta Business School in May, 2017.
- Attended “Train the Trainer – Introduction to SAP, ERP Using Global Bike Incorporated v2.4” workshop conducted by SAP University Alliances, India Sub Continent held from April 4 – 7, 2016 at Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune.
- UGC Sponsored 7 day Research Methodology Course using SPSS organized by St. Xavier’s College & IDSK, October 1-8, 2015.
- Introductory Course on “Data Analytics using R” organized by Calcutta Business School, Nov, 2015.
- Attended several Management Development Programs/ workshops on Quality Management, ISO 9001:2008, and ISO 14001:2014, Six-sigma, SPC, Manufacturing Management, Leadership, Team Building, Stress Management, and Change Management while working in the industry.
- Registration Chair & Member, Organization Committee, First International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communications and Business Analytics (CICBA 2017) organized by Calcutta Business School in collaboration with Computer Society of India and Springer during March 24-25, 2017.
- Jointly with Professor Shekhar Chaudhuri on “Automation in Manufacturing: Implications for Human Capital Development” during the Annual Manufacturing Conclave organized by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Feb 17-18, 2017.
- Program Director and Resource Person: Two days MDP on ‘Data Analytics in Supply Chain and Retail Operations’, Calcutta Business School, March 4-5, 2016.
- Conducted a Training Session on ‘Value Stream Mapping’ as a part of an Executive Development Program on Managerial Effectiveness for MSME Sector at Enterprise Development Institute (2015)
- Conducted a Training Session on ‘Application of Lean Manufacturing Tools’ as a part of the Vendor Improvement Program (Workshop) for Sustainable Return to Organization at Westinghouse Saxby Farmer Ltd. (2015)
- Member of the organizing team, International Seminar on “Entrepreneurship – The Way Forward” organized by Jyotirmoy School of Business and BCCI, held at BCCI in November, 2013.