The Rural Immersion Programme, which is a part of the PGDM curriculum is a unique initiative of Calcutta Business School. The salient objectives are as below:-
- To sensitize budding managers and students towards various schemes undertaken by the Government in villages and analyze their execution and effectiveness.
- To make our PGDM Programme students to understand various Programmes initiated by GOI like (i) Food for Work Programme; (ii) Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme; (iii) Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojna ; (iv) Drinking Water Supply; (v) Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan, etc. and to analyze the process of their implementation and impact.
- To provide an opportunity to our students to visit rural markets (Haat) and observe and understand how they operate and gain an appreciation of the challenges and issues in the operation of rural supply chains.
- To enable our students understand the operations of an organized economic activity like a dairy plant.
- To help the students learn about rural life, society and culture.
- To provide an opportunity to our students to learn about the process of implementation of various schemes through various organizations comprising Block Development Office, Panchayats, NGOs, SHGs, etc.
Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step together with team work.